Monday, July 22, 2013

Vintage High Tea

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending a Vintage High Tea in honour of my dear friend Janelle's 40th birthday...and what a beautiful afternoon we had!


The food was divine...all manner of scrumptious treats presented on gorgeous fine china. Scones with jam and cream, florentines, slices, and an assortment of hot pastries...so glad I didn't eat lunch beforehand!

 The company was so lovely too. Janelle had invited many special friends to share the afternoon, and it was such a treat to hear how she had met each and every one of us. She had us in fits of giggles as she entertained us with all manner of details, as only Janelle can ;)

Then there were the gifts...
 ...beuatiful pieces from all over the world, selected with love for this very special friend. I couldn't help but take lots of photos ..she will probably unfriend me for the one above, but I think it captures her perfectly ;)

The card I made for her was always going to be inspired by her love of sewing...
 ...it is, after all, how I met her in the first place :) So I pulled out all my sewing themed collections and stamps, and ended up with this...


Happy happy 40th birthday Janelleybelly...and thank you for inviting me to share your special afternoon!

TTFN xxx

5 comments:

Hope said...

Sounds like a wonderful afternoon. The card is lovely.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

A Vintage High Tea was the perfect way to celebrate Janelle's 40th. Your birthday card was gorgeous - suited Janelle to a T.

Unknown said...

Twas a great afternoon and I think she may either laugh or kill you.

Helen said...

What a lovely afternoon you all had. Thanks for sharing, the card looks terrific very thoughtful :-)))

dawn said...

How fun to have a special theme birthday, makes turing 40 easier and more fun!!

Beautiful card, love this!!

She will laugh at the picture, maybe not today but one day I'm sure. I like these kind that show the true happiness and surprise in a gift!