Saturday, July 20, 2013

Playing with pretty fabric.

Hello...and happy Saturday to you!

It would seem that my issues with blogger have finally rectified themselves (thank goodness!) and I can get back to normal blogging. My family and work have been keeping me quite busy lately, but I have managed to squeeze in some fabric fun too...I get a bit grumpy when I don't craft for a few days :)


Quite a few weeks ago now, I signed up for my first ever craft class on Craftsy...Pre-Cut Piecing Made Simple with Camille Roskelley. If you've been hanging out here for a while, you'll have noticed I have a bit of an obsession with Bonnie and Camille fabrics, and I have collected quite a few precuts over the last little while ;) My thoughts in signing up for the class were that I might learn a trick or two, but mainly to gain inspiration to use up some of those precuts.

Anyhoo, the class is aimed at beginners and while I did pick up a few tips here and there, I found the pattern for the first quilt a little too basic for my precious Marmalade fabric...it IS one of my very favourites.


So instead of making Piece of Cake 3, I made a quilt based on the postage stamp quilt block, with a few variations  thrown in as well. The pattern is available free over at the Moda Bake Shop. Of course, once I realised how much Marmalade I would have left over, I decided to double the size of the quilt to a single bed size, and now it's a bit too big for me to quilt myself...so it's off to the quilter for that one! I'll show you some pics when it returns ;)

I've  received the first instalment of the Fat Quarter Shop's Mystery Block of the Month for 2013, and can I just say... the fabrics are delicious!


I jumped right in and made up Block One called Strawberry Picking, by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts....who is also the designer of the fabric, Avalon.


Now I'm waiting very patiently for the next instalment to arrive in my letterbox :)

With a couple of finishes under my belt, I probably should be looking at finishing off a few other WIPs (works in progress) but the call of new and pretty fabrics is probably going to be too strong.

I know my weaknesses ;)

TTFN xxx


5 comments:

Helen said...

Oh we all know that call of a new pattern and fabric. I love your blocks and fabric well done with your choices !!!!

Anonymous said...

glad your computer issues are sorted Susitee,love your block.xx

Hope said...

Lots of us have the same weaknesses I'm sure! The new MBOM looks good, happy you're enjoying it :)

Noela said...

I love Bonnie and Camille fabrics too. The FQS BOM looks wonderful. Hugs......

Nicky said...

Lovely peeks of your new quilt! Block 1 looks fantastic, I am being a good girl and won't start the new one till I have the last top together. At least, that's my story for now....